The possibility to remain in temporary visitations by external personnel exists in the following cases:
- Visitations with an exclusive end for specialized training, to broaden or perfect scientific knowledge or experimental techniques without existing a legal relationship between the CSIC and said personnel.
- Visitations for investigative personnel belonging to other scientific institutions both nationally or internationally with the exceptional collaboration in investigation projects.
- Investigation personnel assigned temporarily (articles 17.2 and 28.1 from the Science Law): investigating personnel and technicians related to OPIS, public Universities or institutions from the National Health System or otherwise related to them.
- Personnel belonging to the CSIC such as binded Doctors.
Authorized visitations stipulated in the corresponding agreements between the CSIC and the distinct Universities and Public Institutions with which the CSIC has signed agreements follow normal procedures; these institutions cover the risks in civil responsibility, accidents and sanitary assistance to their trainees. Any other personnel whether they may be national or foreign, must present:
- Official letter from the centre of origin or personal letter by the applicant with an institutional guarantee where reasons are given by the applicant regarding the needs for the stay to be carried out.
- Copy of the insurance policy with the civil responsibility and accident insurance by the applicant in which the applicant figures as beneficiary and ensures the eventual damages that could bear or suffer during his/her stay in the centre.
- In the case that the interested party may be a foreigner, a passport or visa must be provided wherever applicable.
In consequence, al personnel whom does not gather these conditions stipulated in sections 1 and 2 will not be granted the authorization to stay in the centre.