This service is found on the first floor of the office building and it is responsible for the administrative support and the management to all the investigation groups and services to enhance the investigative activity of the institute:
- Budget management (carry out overhead budgets and projects).
- Management and justification of projects and investigation contracts.
- Purchase management (purchase control and supervision, centralized acquisition of goods, work contracts, provisions, services and consultancy, processing and distribution of the institute’s office supplies).
- Travel and expense management.
- Revenue management (deposits, receipts, returns and interest payments on projects, contracts and services, debtor control).
- Inventory and facility management.
- Audit and accounting (material payment of the recognized obligations of the institute on deadline dates indicated in the Contractors and Public Sector and Treasury Control Law).
- Human resources management (government personnel records, permanent contract records, temporary contract records, social security procedures and student visiting permits, as well as labour accidents, licenses, permits, vacations and working hour controls).
- Appeals and claims.
- Devising the minutes for the institute’s board.
- Management support.
As well, it supports the CSIC’s delegation in the Principality of Asturias and the Mixed Unit of Investigation in Biodiversity (UMIB).