INCAR's IT service is in charge of managing and maintaining the center's IT and telecommunications resources.
Among its functions are:
- Management and maintenance of the local network infrastructure (switches, cabling, Wi-Fi antennas).
- Defining perimeter security policies (firewalls).
- Configuration and maintenance of local servers and databases.
- Design and update of the corporate website.
- Installation of operating systems and programs on desktop computers; support in the use of them.
- Diagnosis and resolution of incidents in equipment and peripherals.
- Resolution of microcomputer incidents.
- User management and distribution lists.
All of this within the framework of the general computer security standard for the use of corporate information resources and systems of the CSIC