- Tubular ceramic furnace up to 1500 ºC in an atmosphere of air, N2 or other gases.
- Rotary kiln up to 1200 ° C in an atmosphere of air, N2, etc.
- Thermobalances for carrying out thermogravimetric tests on samples in the order of mg and at different temperature heating rates and up to 1500 ° C using an inert and oxidizing atmosphere (CO2 and air).
- Equipment for hydrothermal carbonization.
Characterization of coking coals
- Coking capacity:
- Gieseler plasticity test according to ASTM D2639 Standard
- Crucible swelling test according to ISO 501 Standard
- Gray-King test according to ISO 502 Standard
- Coking pressure
- Koppers-INCAR expansion / contraction test: Laboratory-scale test that allows to determine whether a coking coal will develop dangerous pressures during coking.
- Semi-pilot scale coking (17 kg capacity)
Movable wall oven of 17 kg capacity that has two functions:
- Measurement of coking pressure
- Obtaining coke for quality determination
Determination of the quality of cokes
Cold mechanical resistance
- JIS test according to JIS K2151 standard
- IRSID test according to ISO 556 Standard
- MICUM test according to the standard
Reactivity to CO2
- NSC reactivity test to determine CRI and CSR indices according to ISO 18894
- CEE-INCAR laboratory scale reactivity test
In addition, the group have access to all INCAR scientific equipment that includes: microscopy (OM, SEM), FTIR, textural characterization (BET, D-R…), Raman, XPS, etc.
Contact: Dra. Carmen Barriocanal Rueda (email@example.com)